Handwoven Cushion Workshop
Join us for this fun project-based beginner workshop that teaches you to weave your very own cushion!
In this workshop you will learn to weave your very own cushion cover using a gorgeous combination of thick, merino wool roving and fine yarns inspired by the designs by workshop host Cassandra Smith. Under her guidance, you will wind your very own blend of yarns from a selection of gorgeous weaving yarns from our studio, combine them with your preferred colour of wool roving and learn a selection of classic hand-weaving techniques to personalise your own cushion design.
Throughout the workshop you will be working with your own dedicated, larger sized Frame Loom and Weaving Tools that will enable you to weave a cushion size of 14in x 14in. We will provide you with the cushion pad, backing fabric and coordinating zip of your choice to assemble at home or if you prefer, we would be happy to arrange your cushion to be assembled by our sewing specialist and return it to you upon completion for a small fee. Simply post your finished cushion cover to us (or drop it round to the studio) and we'll take care of the rest!
The focus in this workshop will be on learning a new craft skill while developing a project in a relaxed environment.
- 6 hours tuition
- Frame Loom (50cm x 63.3cm) & Weaving Tools yours to take home! (£115 value)
- All yarns and cushion materials (£30 value)
- 1 duck feather cushion pad
- 100% linen fabric backing (choice of colour)
- Maximum of 6 students
What’s not included:
- Lunch (due to health and safety we request that you bring a lunch on the day or purchase something from the pub or deli across from the studio)