Introduction to Weaving Workshop
Learn the basics of weaving in our 4 hour, Introduction to Weaving Workshop.
Skill Level: Beginner
Using a frame loom you will set up your first warp, learn basic tapestry weaving and classic hand-weaving techniques, experiment with a variety of yarns and materials and then create your own personal wall hanging or textile art. We have a selection of over 200+ (and growing!) yarns to experiment with, ranging from sturdy cottons and linens, lustrous silks, luxurious wool roving and bright, fancy yarns.
This class would suit those new to weaving and looking to learn a new craft skill. You will cover traditional weaving patterns such as plain weave (tabby), twills, hop sack and ribs, as well as contemporary tapestry weaving techniques such as Soumak and Rya knots. You will also learn to set up your loom and finish off your woven piece.
Each student will also take home one of our uniquely designed OWS Frame Looms and its corresponding set of Weaving Tools, a Yarn Starter Pack full of gorgeous yarns and a Tote Bag to hold it all in!
The class is designed to be fun and engaging with the opportunity to express yourself while learning at your own pace. You will also have enough time to complete your project in this session. Typical class sizes hold a maximum of 6 students so you will have plenty of individual attention.
- 4 hours tuition
- Solid beech tapestry frame, 30cm x 36.5cm (£50 value)
- Weaving tools: 1 x Weaving shuttle, 2 x needles, 1 x Shed Stick/ Pick Up Stick, 1 x comb, 1 x EPI counter, clasp ring to hold tools together and pouch for bolts (£15 value)
- All yarns and materials (£10 value)
- A CS Designs tote bag that fits the loom, tools & yarn (£5 value)
- Introduction to Weaving notes
- Guaranteed fibre fun in a relaxed environment!