What are your precautions for Covid-19?
Both Makespace Oxford and The Oxford Weaving Studio have put in place a number of measures to help visitors feel at ease to book our in-studio weaving workshops, join our after school or Saturday Textile Arts Club or visit the studio on our Saturday Shop.
Adult and child safety in the building at Makespace Oxford
- Handwashing / sanitising upon arrival in the building
- Hand sanitiser available at key points throughout the building
- Surface sanitiser and wipes available (in spray bottles)
- Hand towels replaced by disposable paper towels
- Cleaning increased to cover all week days
- One way system on the stairs to reduce contact in upstairs corridor
- One person at a time in toilet areas and kitchen
- All adult visitors must wear a mask when moving throughout the building
Adult and Child safety in the studio
- Studio numbers are being limited to a maximum of 6 at any one time, with spacing available to move around the studio at distance.
- Following current guidelines for educational institutions, children in the Textile Arts Club will be in bubbles of a maximum 5 children and 1 teacher.
- Hand-washing and hand-sanitising will be carried out upon entry to the building/ studio before and after each workshop or for the Textile Arts Club.
- Masks are not currently mandatory indoors for children in Years 3 – 6, so they will not be asked to wear one unless government guidance changes.
- Mask are currently mandatory indoors for children in Years 7+ and all adults, so everyone aged 11+ will be asked to wear a mask unless guidance changes.
- Staff will be wearing masks indoors for the duration of the workshops or Saturday Shop.
Studio Space & Equipment
- All the studio surfaces (and other areas in the building where we might host workshops) will be washed before and after their use.
- Workshop participants will use their own loom & tools for the duration of their workshop. Children in our Textile Arts Club will use the same loom throughout the term and keep their looms with us in the studio.
- Workshop participants borrowing any scissors, needles and crochet hooks will have their own to work with each day and they will be wiped down following their session for further use.
- To maintain good airflow in the studio a window will remain open and the studio door will also remain open.
Still have questions? Please get in touch with us at email@example.com