* Due to the Coronavirus we will be postponing our studio-based sessions. Please bear with us while we explore online content/ Facebook Live sessions in its place. Contact us for more information before booking. *
5-Week Intro to Weaving Workshop (Kids Years 3 - 6, Teens Years 7+): Group Workshop
Our new 5-Week Intro to Weaving Workshop for kids in school years 3 - 6 and teens in school years 7+ is now available. This new after school workshop will teach children the basics of weaving over the course of 5 x 1-hour sessions.
Skill Level: Beginner
This on-going workshop is designed to build a child's confidence in working with materials by understanding the basics of weaving. The workshop is open to boys and girls who enjoy working with their hands, like to explore materials and enjoy creative projects in school or at home.
Using our uniquely designed Frame Loom and Weaving Tools, we will walk children through the basics of weaving by experimenting with different techniques and materials, building their knowledge and understanding of weaving and textiles over the course of 5 weeks.
Students will be given a variety of projects to work on and will progress at their own speed over the course of the 5 weeks to complete their projects. They will learn techniques from both modern tapestry weaving such as Rya knots (fringe) as well as classic hand-weaving techniques such as plain weave (tabby) and ribs.
Our aim for the children is for them to have fun, learn a new craft skill, build awareness of textiles and develop their creativity in a supportive environment. Children booked onto the workshop for the full term (with a break for half term holiday) will be encouraged to continue developing their skill level.
- 1 hour of tuition each week (total 5 weeks)
- Use of our * new * mini beech Frame Loom and Weaving Tools during the workshop
- All yarns and materials
- Guaranteed fibre fun in a safe, relaxed environment!
What's not included:
- The mini Frame Loom and Weaving Tools is available to purchase at a discount for workshop participants when booking your workshop. Please select this option when booking from the drop down menu.