Terms & Conditions
Please read through our Terms and Conditions before booking.
The Oxford Weaving Studio is located on the 1stfloor of Makespace Oxford. Sadly there is no lift at the building. If you require assistance, please contact Cassandra at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss your needs.
No animals are permitted in the studio at any time, except seeing eye dogs.
Chlidren aged 8+ are welcome at The Oxford Weaving Studio. Given the nature of this craft, we recommend parents consider their child’s maturity when booking a children’s workshop or attending our After School Open Weaving sessions. We reserve the right to limit a child’s participation if we feel the child is unsuited to the workshop and no refund will be given. If you would like to discuss your child’s suitability prior to booking, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Children under 16 years of age attending our After School Open Weaving Sessions must be accompanied by an adult and must be willing to weave independently (with our guidance). Both parent and child(ren) must book their own loom(s) as we cannot accommodate more than 4 people in the studio at once.
Loom Booking Calendar
Only members of The Oxford Weaving Studio may book access to a loom on any given week. Date changes can be made up until 2 weeks before the scheduled week free of charge, please sign in to your account to make these changes or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org make this change for you. Any changes made after this period will be at the discretion of The Oxford Weaving Studio as per our Refund and Rescheduling policies. Regretfully we cannot offer refunds within 48 hours of your scheduled loom booking.
Limited parking is available at Makespace Oxford. There are a maximum of 4 public parking places for the building at any given time, therefore please use public transit whenever possible.
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact us directly.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services
- Information about our customers is important to our business. We may share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
The Oxford Weaving Studio may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information The Oxford Weaving Studio hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about The Oxford Weaving Studio’s use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Cassandra Smith am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Open Weaving Sessions
Cancellation 48+ hours before the start of your Weaving Session: Full Refund
Cancellation 48 hours before the start of your Weaving Session: No Refund
Loom Bookings, Weaving Workshops, Studio Membership (1-Week Pass)
Cancellation 1+ weeks before: No charge
Cancellation 1 week – 48 hours before: Rescheduling only
Cancellation 48 hours before: No Refund
Studio Membership (4-Week and 8-Week Passes)
Cancellation 1+ weeks before the start of your 1stweek of Studio Membership: Full Refund
Cancellation 1 week – 48 hours before the start of your 1stweek of Studio Membership: Rescheduling only
Cancellation 48 hours before the start of your 1stweek of Studio Membership: No Refund
Please note: No refund will be given once you have completed the 1stweek of a 4-Week or 8-Week pass. However you are free to reschedule your chosen week(s) or nominate friends or family to share your weekly membership as per the Studio Membership Handbook.
We will do our utmost to reschedule your Weaving Session, Workshop, Loom Booking or Studio Membership within the given notice period, however this is dependent on the availability of a suitable replacement and is at the discretion of The Oxford Weaving Studio. Regretfully we do not offer refunds within 48 hours of your booking start time as per our Refund Policy outlined above.
Postage, packaging and handling is free if sent within the UK. We use Royal Mail, second class and signed for. If you haven’t received your parcel, please contact us.
We will post your parcel as soon as we can, which generally takes place during the working week.
Studio members are welcome to join at any point during the year. They must undergo a 1-hour induction training and will only be given access keys to the studio when this has been completed.
Studio membership is booked on a weekly basis via our online booking system and members are only granted access to the studio for the week in which they book. For 1-week Studio Memberships, loom bookings must take place in the same week they have purchased their studio membership. 4-week and 8-week memberships may book their time on the Loom Booking Calendar when needed. Please note that members must adhere to the Refund and Rescheduling policies as outlined above and in the Studio Membership Handbook.
Studio members may also wish to nominate 1 week (or more) of their 4-week or 8-week membership to a friend or family member. Associate members (as they are referred to) must also undertake the 1-hour studio induction prior to accessing the studio, however only 1set of keys will be given to the Lead member.
Studio members are also responsible for their Associate member and The Oxford Weaving Studio reserves the right to cancel membership in the event the Associate member does not comply with rules and regulations laid out in the Studio Membership Handbook.
Studio access is weekly from Monday to Sunday, 06:00 – 23:00. Keys to the studio must be returned to The Oxford Weaving Studio on their last day in the studio (Sunday or earlier) and there will be a £30 charge if they fail to do so.
The Oxford Weaving Studio reserves the right to revoke access to the studio if the member fails to respect other members and/or the rules and regulations laid out in the Studio Membership Handbook without offering the member a refund.