Our new studio membership aims to support hand-weavers and tapestry weavers by offering affordable access to weaving looms, equipment and yarn in a fun and friendly environment.
Do you love to weave but need encouragement or access to looms and tools? Our new Studio Membership is perfect for weavers who want to progress their weaving skills or complete a project by accessing our fully equipped studio, looms, weaving yarns and the support of our weaving community.
This service is best suited to weavers with knowledge of this craft who are capable of working independently (or with minimal support). 1 week of membership includes full studio access with an optional 1 week of loom access which is booked separately on our Loom Booking calendar (for members only).
Studio Membership Includes:
- Membership to a bright, friendly and creative studio environment
- Daily studio access from 6:00 to 23:00, Monday - Sunday with your access keys
- Use of our extensive variety of weaving yarns for sampling and weaving projects
- Access to our studio Yarn Shop of high-quality weaving yarns at discounted rates for your larger weaving projects (additional fees apply)
- Use of frame looms (2 sizes) and weaving equipment on a shared basis in the studio: warping mill, cheese/pirn winder, ball winder, umbrella swift, sewing machine, overlocker
- Access to our online booking system to book our looms on a first come first served basis (additional loom rental fees apply)
- 4 table looms are available for hire: 4 shaft table loom, 4, 8 or 16 shaft Harris looms
- Complete access to our growing range of online OWS instructions and teaching videos
- Access to all our weaving and fibre-related books and tools in studio for all your fibre-related projects (punch needle, knitting, crochet, macrame)
- Discounted pricing on our studio haberdashery items and fabrics (additional fees apply)
- Weaving support from your peers in a friendly environment
- Shared desk space and tables to work on projects
- Possible exhibition opportunities with Makespace Oxford
- Shared kitchen with kettle, mini fridge and microwave facilities, free tea and coffee
- Large community lounge for having lunch away from the studio
- Local shop and pub just across from the studio
- Invitations to Makespace Oxford community events & socials
- Beautiful, canal-side site in Jericho Oxford
- Friendly community of creatives and socially-minded enterprises at Makespace Oxford
To find out more, read our Membership Q & A here.
Please note: Once you have booked and paid for your studio membership, please remember to book your preferred week(s) on our Loom Booking Calendar as soon as possible to avoid disappointment (no additional fees). You can see current availability here.